Immanuel is a welcoming community, defined by its commitment to extravagant hospitality and faithful service in Christ. As one of the oldest churches in the Spring area, Immanuel Church traces its beginnings to 1916 when it was founded in 1916 by second generation German immigrants. Originally, Immanuel was a German Lutheran church and as the denomination underwent mergers, became an Evangelical and Reformed Church, and in 1957, the United Church of Christ, a new denomination, better known in the North and East than in the South, which emphasizes ecumenical openness and unity. In 2020, Immanuel Church separated from the UCC and became a non-denominational, Bible based church.
Located on the corner of Spring Cypress Road and Border Street at the entrance to Old Town Spring, Immanuel is housed in a traditional structure of pink brick which sits on a spacious lawn surrounded by trees and flowers. The interior is just as traditional, a beamed sanctuary aglow with stained glass.